I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Its upside down, the whole thing is upside down. We speak of a kingdom that is on its head, we know that Jesus did things so contrary to logic and expectations, and yet this truth rarely permeates throughout every aspect of our lives. I had a further revelation of this this morning. Doesn't sound too profound but sometimes the most simple truths that move into our hearts, are the ones that are keys to so much of Him. 


We feel tired/sick and so we wait to get prayer before we pray for people. We contend for months and years in church to see healings breakout, so we wait until we see them there before we go out onto the streets. We think this is logical, rational...not running before we can walk etc etc. Surely the pure use of those words should ring alarm bells! As I have prayed out of my weakness when I thought I needed prayer the most, healings bust out and my problems just disappear, my perspective is changed and joy fills me from head to foot. Sometimes we don't need to "deal with issues", we just need to change our perspective and remember quite who God is, how real He is and just how much He loves us...the rest sorts itself out without any further effort. 


The biggest thing that dawned on me though, was that as we start praying for people on the streets after months of reasonably unsuccessfully praying for healings in the church, that healings bust out on the streets effortlessly and then what happened?....3 healings in two minutes this morning at church! come ON!!!!!


When will we realise that EVERYTHING about the kingdom of God is on its head, completely irrational, illogical, impossible and therefore 100% glorifying to GOD!!!! 


Jesus would you continue and never stop turning my world on its head, removing my rationalisations and sweeping me up in a dance, running on this great adventure. God thank you that you always show up! that all you ask us to be are taps, faucets of your Spirit. Whatever we keep in the church will die in the church....thank you that as we are running and skipping and dancing on the streets and inviting people to your kingdom, you are breaking out at church.


COME ON JESUS!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home