I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Pemba

We are here. I couldnt write it all here cos I am so so tired but I need to at least bullet point, I need to remember and record.

Beautiful scenery, so much travelling, beautiful beautiful town and place and KIDS OMW. GEorge, kids praying, singing, playing. Living in the village/orphanage compound, lorraine is here, had dinner at the beach hotel with the america group from south carolina *breathe*

I wanna write it all, write how one of the kids sat on my lap and started singing and praising with her friend and got overwhelmed with God, crying in the Spirit, twice in fact and on the second both girls (aged 10 or younger?) eyes closed, hands lifted heavenwards, said 'nosotros' (US to join in with them) so we did, we all prayed together in the tongues of heaven. Church s tmoroow. I could write pages and pages and pages about everything from today but tiredness overcomes me and the words just arent there. I fear whatever I write, unless you are reading this having been to Pemba yourself, these words will be lost on you.

But I know one thing...here is home. God is here, so here is home. Praise Jesus. Amen x

*shakes head* surely its not possible, surely the kids cant...surely their too young or they r imitatting something they have seen or something....die cynicism. There is no place for you here. I cannot reason away what hapened today, it is not possible to do. Ther werent imitating, it just wansnt possible. They were in theirFathers arms, I saw them. Pure and simple.

Pure

Simple.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duffy said...

Yeah, Mozambique has a way of 'changing' you. I have been in Maputo twice, and of course, in Pemba once. Changed me forever for this life. I am now currently in Bible school, getting an unshakable foundation for teaching people when I head back to the field. Good times.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home