I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Genuine Authority is carried with Meekness, gentleness, lowliness

Jesus "I have all authority, ALL THINGS have been delivered to me by my Father"

He knows His identity and therefore what? He takes the town and washes their feet. Authority should ALWAYS lead into gentleness and into servanthood

He was given all authority on heaven and earth...


...and chose to claim none of it but instead became slave of all.

"For even the son of man did not come to be served but to serve as give His life as a ransom for many"

What makes us think we have the 'right' to anything more that the sacrificing of it all?

Authority never should lead you into the right to use it, condescending or overlording it over someone.

"Whoever of you desires to be first, shall be slave of all"

Lets get it in our minds that Jesus never exaggerates.

"Its more than a good bible study. Its a manifestation of Christ in us, responding in righteousness, responding in Mercy. Gratefulness, faithfulness, gentleness, long suffering he says, these are my weapons and they pull down strongholds, a generation can get hold of virtue. The power of Christ in us bringing with Him all the hope of glory to come. the indwelling Christ manifesting His own life in us, to be divine participants, ALL to partake of the divine nature. He says my weapons are mighty, everytime I respond in love I am pulling thing down over that congregation and you dont even know it, I am winning, you dont have any idea what true weapons are. We cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. Beloved this is words and more than words. Bringing every thought in to captivity to obedience to Christ.

Let me tell you what true warfare is

It's

HOLINESS


He says the battle is over, He said the one who manifests the nature of Christ WINS.
Righteousness in the inward parts. The battle is over.

To really buy in that there is something greater than a platform, its virtue. Its that the fragrance of god resting on our frames. It's that in gentleness and meekness, the life of Christ would come forth. That we would edify all, that we would be a slave to all. Oh if we would really believe.

To be a slave to all, a foolishness to the world but the wisdom of God."

- Corey Russell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home