I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rev 4:9-11

Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne and say:
"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

"At a distance, I could feel the vibrations of the rolling of the crowns, the casting of the crowns down. They cast them down in awesome agony. They don't throw them down or set them down but with all of their might they cast down their crowns as if to throw all, as if to throw EVERY BIT of themselves before this One so Holy. And I saw that those who are closest to the Lord, in the very court of heaven, spend their time falling down. And they never get weary, they just keep bowing low, falling down and gazing at this One, sitting upon the throne.” - Julie Meyer “Vision”

So they cast their crowns, not just their earthly crowns but their heavenly crowns, they cast everything that they have ever rightly earned, ever been given, ever been blessed with, ever had or will have, their relationships, families, things, places and even their seats and crowns in heaven, ALL that they have, they cast them at the feet of the one who sits on the throne and they hit the deck. The elders understand true worship. They understand what it looks like to worship in spirit and in truth. They understand that it is all yours, that the most beautiful form of worship in heaven or on earth is total self sacrifice. SURRENDER. There is nothing more beautiful than for us, totally consumed with a love for the One who loves us, more than anything else including that which He does for us or gives us, nothing more beautiful than for us to cast the rest at His feet in recognition that we have no right to anything and that WE WORSHIP SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY.

And what do we discover? That as Jesus said, whatever we surrender and walk away from for His sake, we will receive the hundredfold blessing here on earth before we even reach heaven! But God I have just said I wanna give it all to you,…more?! I receive all you give me and now with my hundred and one I cast down again everything at your feet and worship You simply because you are worthy. And what do I discover? For every one of the hundred I laid down there is a hundred fold blessing!!!!

If we do neither stifle the gifts and blessings and favor nor hesitate to cast them all down in extravagant all consuming worship of Him out of passionate love that overcomes all else, we truly discover streams of living water, clean living water, flowing through us. If we will receive and worship, total humility, our eyes fixed upon Him, constantly casting ourselves before His throne every second of everyday as they do in heaven, glorifying and magnifying His holy name, then we will be so full of living water flowing through us that we will overflow, impact those around us, we will be a faucet not a vessel.Who worships a tap anyway?” (-Duncan Smith) Lets be people who understand that it is not the vine that receives the sap but the fruit! Lets be a people who understand that the poor in spirit, the needy, the outcast, destitute and broken, as well as those who do not even realize they are hungry, will taste and see that God is good when they are around a soul that is totally consumed with His goodness and His love. Oh what a consumption that is! What divine glorious overwhelming love! I understand true worship! I am beginning to understand! God I worship you in spirit and truth! I cast down my crown on earth, in heaven, everything I have is yours, everything I own, everyone I love, every piece of ministry, every miracle, every bit of money, every bit of my flesh, I have no rights! I cast it all at your feet and instead I just praise you in spirit and truth, I give you all that is left – my spirit, and I declare the truth of your word, of your character of your nature. Glory and honor and power to You!!!!

Oh and me and Abi wrote a song which I LOVE :

“I’m casting my crown

And I lay me down before you

Here on my face

Surrendering everything thought of me

Singing glory and honor and power

To you Lord

Singing glory and honor and power

To you Lord

Glory and honor and power

To you…

Simply because

Simply because

You are worthy x 5”

(Copyright C.Hollywell)

Not to mention the random guy I ended up skyping with this morning! I will put excerpts of the convo here cos it blew me away, not to mention the fact that God showed me him through Gods eyes and I loved him so much and I realized that this is what I live for! To see souls saved! People redeemed and restored! nations and people realizing who God is and how real He is and that He is chasing them, pursuing them as a lover pursues his bride. Oh how I love watching that undiluted truth of the radical and incredible nature of His love which we find so unbelievable and far fetched, hitting the hearts of those who are so lonely and desperate. GOD COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger genavieve said...

did you post parts of the convo? I will keep looking...

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home