I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Am I losing my Holy hunger? am I becoming the cynical person I left behind? Am i trying to recreate that which I no longer have? Oh God I want you so bad and it feels like the longer I am here I cant find you and yet I will not move until i have found you, because if i cannot find you here, who says i will SUSTAINABLY find you anywhere else? should i live and stay in a plac of revival? no! I need to find my sustainability in YOU! so that I may go wherever and however you send me. Oh God oh God, please teach me, please teach me. I love you so so so much

"If we continually try to bring back those exceptional moments of inspiration, it is a sign that it is not God we want. We are becoming obsessed with the moments when God did come and speak with us, and we are insisting that He do it again. But what God wants us to do is to "walk by faith." - O.chambers

oh, and what it means to be a Jeremiah? -your very LIFE is prophetic. hmm

1 Comments:

Blogger annaswaiting said...

hi! my name is shannon, i found your blog from chris's. i live in indiana, (US), and i'm going to bible school at IHOP in a few weeks time actually. i read some of your posts and you seem really interesting. i usually don't write to other people on here, i've kind of been in my own blog world. but i thought i should write you to see what bible school you're going to next summer that you were talking about. also was wondering how you know about IHOP and just generally you seem to have a heart after His own heart... that generally gets my interest peaked, as I would consider myself to be in that same unusually desperate vein! hehe. anyway you can write on my blog if you like. hope to get to know you! God Bless, shannon

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home