I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I wrote just the biggest post on Holy hunger right here and it has just been deleted. So I will write what I wrote as a sermon, as a paragraph and ask that the Lord preach the rest into your heart as He has mine, branding it into your being. Because at the end of the day, what I say has no consequence without Him.

I continue to remain in the revelation of what it means to be desperate. I think of all the things desperation causes us to do, act and live like. When we are desperate for something, it defines our being, who we are, how we act, what we do, how we speak, how we cry. When hunger moves to desperation, it moves from a place of discomfort to a place of total abandonment of everything that has once determined the level of our actions, our pride, our dignity, our fears; and it becomes all consuming and we just dont care anymore. When I was in Mozambique God spoke to me and one of the things He said was 'I am not into moving you out of your comfort zones...I am into demolishing them' Now I realise what He meant. He is not just about a little hunger, if we will pray the oh so dangerous prayer, He is about causing us to desire Him above all else, to hurt for Him, to physically feel the pain of needing to be near Him, needing Him to feed us daily. There is a reason He draws back from us sometimes and I believe this is it. If we truly desire for Him to be our everything and for all fear of man, of the world, all our dignity, control and pride to be thrown by the wayside because we are just so desperate we simply and genuinely dont care about anything anymore except our desperate hunger for Him and His presence...

....then we must pray for a desperate Holy hunger.

Its a dangerous prayer....but someone has got to pray it, and pray it soon.

oh and p.s.....He comes everytime. God cannot resist a desperately hungry heart :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home