I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Friday, October 27, 2006

"The principle [of the beatitudes] is simple. the poor have no means of their own the become rich, or the powerless to gain power. But the rich and powerful have within themselves the possibility of becoming poor. Salvation offered only to winners will, by definition, exclude many. Only salvation offered to losers - whether by circumstance or choice - can be described as comprehensive. There is nothing you don't have that can bar you from entry to this Kingdom - only the things you have might keep you out."
- Gerard kelly "Humanifesto"



NB Joyce Meyer just noticed something I had never seen...the armor in Ephesians six is all for the front of the body. God does not expect to see us running but has equipped us to STAND and to FACE that which we come up against. It is armoor for standing, not for running. Wow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Found your post after getting a Google Alert for "Gerard Kelly" linking to it. I am a bit of a groupie for all things "Gerard". I am part of a team of 4 who are currently using "Humanifesto" as the source material for a monthly All Age Worship event at church. Notes from those events are on the blog. Great choice of book. Another great choice would be Gerard's "6 Habits of Highly Connected Christians". I and the family went on mission to France with Gerard's organisation (Bless) 2 summers ago. All Gerard's sermons at his church in Amsterdam (Crossroads) are available free of charge from their web site and well worth a listen. If you need any more info let me know.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

tx for comment on my blog, happy to say more in email to u, send me an email so i know your addy, my email addy is on by blogger profile

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home