I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Desperation cultivated by the Spirit causes us to seek Gods face with renewed fervor and rips from us the fear of man, pride, baggage and ettiquite that goes with mariginal hunger as opposed to starvation. As we allow Holy Spirit to cultivate true desperation, true hunger and starvation for Him and Him alone, it will turn Gods face. I truly be;ieve God just cannot resist a desperately hungry child of His. He responds, He meets us, He feeds us, He fills us to overflowing.

God showed up this weekend. I went on holiday with Him and boy o boy did He show up. I am not gonna write anymore here however cos it does not need to be written, instead I will share this:

"Christ says 'Give me All. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life; no half measures are any good. Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think are wicked--the whole self. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: My own will shall become yours." - Katherine Kuhlman

There are somethings that take a long time to smack you in the face, but how to get back in the river is a very very welcome one.

God, I love you so incredibly much. I love you to a place where words do not explain, actions do not suffice and mind canot comprehend. Spirit to spirit, heart to heart, i give you all I love you with all. Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Holy Holy Holy are you Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home