I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I think it is time for me to post once again.

I have been quiet lately because God has been doing so much it would take a bullet point list to say it all, it has been beyond words but, more importantly, I am learning as Mary did, that somethings are better left close to your heart to cherish and remember. Not everything needs to be said, in fact, very little does.

So God has been teaching me further about secret place, about intimacy and about being so thirsty and how to drink. He has been giving revelation of what oneness really means, my flesh and His flesh, my blood and His blood intertwined. Not a Jesus over your shoulder or in heaven or in the other room that needs calling over, but a Jesus who is so joined and one with us through the work on the cross, that as we breathe, He breathes, as we week Him we becoe more and more indistinguishable, more and more intertwined. When we get this revelation, we understand who we are and therefore walk in its fullness.

I have learned more about finding secret place in the most stressful of circumstances, of where God is when we are burnt out and angry and hurting. I have learned more of His heart for His beloved children, His desire to just love on us. I have learned His provision in friendships and random beautiful God-incidences and how, if we will just let Him hijack our every living breathing moment and give Him the firstfruits of everything we have, even our bodies and our time, He will respond beyond response.

I cannot explain except to say that I am still learning so very very much. I am silenced by the greatness of His majesty and by the very little I know that I know. I feel I am almost not able to say anything to Him for fear of Him discovering my mistakes, my stumbling over basic truths, my ignorance. And yet, He loves me in my naivety, in my ignorance, in my unknowing mistakes. He loves me anyway. I write stuff like this all the time and everytime it hits further home, everytime it wrecks me more.

Unless I get this, unless God Himself and secret place is branded upon my spirit, it would be foolish for me to go next year, to go anywhere and do anything. But if I get a hold of this, if I continue giving Him every hour He asks for, surrendering everything, learning a life of laid down love...

...there is nowhere in this universe I would not go if and when He asks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Hello Love, God has us in the same place. I love you tons. He is truly amazing. And because you look like him you are just as amazing. ;) **Big Hug**

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home