I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Your Love is amazing
steady and unchanging
Your love is a mountain
firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery
How is gently lifts me
When I am surrounded
Your Love carries me

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Your Love makes me sing


I wake up this morning (am in bed right now under the blue mosquito net in the bunk bed, sun pouring through the netting on the glassless window overlooking the tent church, a gentle breeze playing the curtains) with a love for Jesus exploding from my heart. A love for Him, for His people. It is still easier to love on those I do not know that those closest to me but I do not think that is just me and it is something God will work out, that I do know, praise Him :) Either way, I pray for more of what God is doing in me and showing me. Instead of not wanting to go home at the end of this, I pray that the Lord reveals to me how to transfer this, how to take it back, to love, not to lose it, permanance oh Lord, permanance, please.

Yesterday as I ate my first bowl of beans and rice, I had a balloon emptied in ym ear by a kid called Manuel. He squealed with delight and a chase ensued. Much to the kids amusement and delight, this crazy white girl kicked off her flip flops and barefoot chased this beauty round the camp for a long time until he finally fell over and I tickled him silly. Oh how he reminded me of Tekiywa, the little girl I left in Ghana, the little girl who I dont actually know if she still lives or not. Oh Jesus. But beyond the similarity with these two children, I am struck here by the happiness and freedom. It is that simple. They are innocent and free. They are like any other kids, they are DEFINITLY not angels or anything, but they are unrestraind by cynicism and cultural restrainedness, they are so used to and excited by the Lords presence and the normality of its existence as they enjoy their new found lives off the streets, away from abuse and hurt and the evil they were subject to. They can enter His throne room with such ease, whenever they so desire and He pours down His grace and love upon them.

I met an 18 year old boy yesterday called George. He came with Mama aida (Heidi) from Maputo to minister here. His heart is that of a pastor and is once again simple. He wants to preach Jesus he told me, to kill sickness and call on Gods power. Thats it. Thats his heart and his manifesto. I am humbled. I have a feeling I have a lot to learn from this guy. From all the kids in fact. God is taking my understanding of spiritual giants, christian celebrity, who holds spiritual authrotiy, all that is ingrained within me and...hallelujah...is wrecking it. More of your culture wrecking God. The only unfrotunate thing was him unashamadly coming onto me ;) but thats ok, he got over it pretty quick! hahaha. sometime I might write here about what God is doing in me relationally in relation to singleness cos it is phenomenal, but not now :)

I also can imagine the impact of three months here in an intensive bible school...two weeks is gonna change me forever, I have no doubt. God is here.

As we drove into the compound yesterday I knew why we were in Pemba and why satan had opposed it so strongly. It could be argued that we live (in this compound) in an artificial environment that makes seeking Him easier...I would dispute that. Fact is, they simply make houses and room and pick kids off the street who need homes and families (177 orphans last week and on the increase!) and then they introduce them to Jesus.

What results in the compound (aside form the inevitable bedlam!) is that the spirit walks among us, God is here. We have 3 1/2 hours of church this morning, more tomorrow. The Bakers have just returned from Brazil so we might veen have the privelidge of hearing Heidi speak which is so kewl. I do not know what to expect, but that is a good thing!!! My expectation levels have reached unseeable, there is nothing I cannot believe God for :) God can and will do anything we ask of Him that He chooses! Period. In the meantime? I cannot wait for our first opportunity to worship alongside the kids here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home