I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hahahahha, I SO am not getting any Portuguese done! I just wanna soak in Jesus and worship more! Argh, gotta get down to some work! Lol. So me and a new Christian who has joined our cell group and is gorjus, went for coffee today and…woah…we bible studied out loud in the middle of Starbucks and it was AWESOME! We met this homeless guy called Tim and said hi and asked him if we could pray and he asked for prayer for his new daughter Amanda J We explored the Passover and read really loud in the coffee shop ;) and God showed us such awesome things like the parallels with the manna in the wilderness and with His son and I got to teach my mate about sacrifice and stuff and THEN we noticed the ‘eat with your cloak tucked in your belt and sandals on your feet’ which was SUPER awesome cos we realized that just as they didn’t know what would happen next and faith levels were probably low in the Passover and they obeyed and if they HADNT HAVE HAD their cloaks tucked in their belts and FEET READIED WITH THEIR SANDALS (cf shoes of the gospel of peace Ephesians 6:15, ready feet with peace) ANYWAYS, they would have MISSED the exodus!!!!! When God says go we gotta be able to go! God used the same language when He told them to only collect one days manna, was he saying the same thing here? Take every day at a time because tomoro you might b getting your manna from elsewhere? The cloud could move in the next minute or month, it doesn’t say its frequency and people would have had to be ready to move WHENEVER it moved and not be left behind, so they would have collected manna in the same manner ‘leaving nothing for the morning’ which led us to the Lords prayer where He says we are to pray for daily bread. Couple this with readying oneself with the armor of God and being led by the spirit and you get? A people who are ready to move whenever the spirit does. A person led by the cloud, the fire, cloak tucked into belt and sandals ready tied onto their feet. Let us therefore just ask God for our daily bread, cast off all that hinders so that we are prepared for tomorrow but only feeding for today, knowing that we know nothing of what is coming, only to be obedient and follow him! Woop!

I don’t know if ANY of that makes sense but I don’t mind! I am just enjoying my new guitar string so I can continue to sing…

Hallelujah, grace like rain pours down on me
Hallelujah, all my sins are washed away, are washed away!

Woooooah. God is so so so so good.

Teehee. More of the honey pot God! Hahahahahahahaha….oh the Joy of His presence!


Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo look what I just found…..1 Kings 7:48…

“the gold altar, the table that held the Bread of His Presence” oh yeah. Oh oh and get this, “ When the priests left the Holy place, a cloud filled the Temple of God. The priests couldn’t carry out their priestly duties because of the cloud – the Glory of God filled the Temple of God!” wooooop! How awesome, He rocked everything, everything has to change when God is in the house!

I will go now ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home