I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

For so long now I have been praying that God would make His dwelling place within me. It was a prayer I didn’t not fully understand but my Spirit and heart cried out for, my whole being thirsts for this more than anything. When I went to Mozambique my cry was that no longer would it feel like God was a ‘break in the clouds’ but that He would come and make His permanent residence within me. For that to happen, I have walked into refiners fire, I have understood deeper levels of purification and intimacy and secret place. There is a price to becoming a place where God makes His habitation and I am by no means there. But I want to carry Him, I want, wherever I go, God to be there, to come by His spirit and His power. I pray that I might be a Holy habitation,

His dwelling place.

But recently I continue to ask God, How?! How does that happen? What does that mean? I have asked and asked as I pray and reside near Him, enjoying His presence, battling myself and the evil of the air. I have asked at work under immense stress, I have asked lying in bed at three am. How does it happen God? How do we become a dwelling place for you?

Today He answered me.

How do we live in the river of God, under the anointing? How do we become a dwelling place of the most High, a temple for Holy Spirit?

By our hearts knowing and professing the TRUTH. If we grasp the truth, then we will be able to be a dwelling place for God because no lie barriers will exist and we will be able to walk in the co-joined humility and bold authority of our secure identity in Christ, the truth of God. Why does this truth set us free? Because every single barrier we put between us and God is either a direct lie or based upon one. The truth is this; through what Christ did on the cross, through the miracle of our becoming one with Him through the resurrection, we are all a dwelling place of the most High, a temple of God. But sometimes we do not always move into realization of that because we cannot accept Him in that place, cannot have His peace and joy. Why? Because we have built barriers of lies around ourselves. The TRUTH has set us free because when we truly truly know the truth of the Word of God, written in the Bible, demonstrated through Jesus, we know who He is, walking with incredible humility and fear of the Lord. We know who we are, we can walk heads held high and children of God, in the boldness and authority that comes from realizing that it is nothing to do with us and it is not by our authority we speak and we have no control over any of it! In this way we naturally do not take the glory, we merely walk tall in the total dependence and satisfaction that we gain from our Lord.

If we want to be a dwelling place of the most High, then we must surrender every lie that has taken us captive, even (especially) the ones we love and have embraced and have identified as ourselves. If we will be willing to walk off the map, off the radar with God and walk in 100% of the Truth of His word, which means walking with control totally surrendered, in total trust, then we walk with Him and us in constant communion. How do we do all of the above? Secret place. Intimacy. Oh Jesus

All fruitfulness flows from intimacy.

Hallelujah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home