I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It is fair to say that I am a mess.

I am one total and complete mess. Today has been quite a day, a day of perspectives and just...I dont even know. Tonight we went out in groups of three as a cell group onto the streets of Southampton. I have been asking the Lord for a while now to show me the poor, His kids, just to ache as He aches. The other night I curled up in His heart and for the first time in so very long I began to ache as He aches, for His bride, for England, for those I saw in the vision in Mozambique.

Tonight we met some beautiful people on the streets. The first guy I knew from a year or so ago and it was so wonderful to get to pray for him. I even told him about my God who heals and has healed in Mozambique and he let me pray for his legs (which stop him working) without a flinch! How grateful hungry, open and caring he was, they all were. Then we met a guy who most likely was making up the majority of his story. What the heck, I just didn't care because what he was saying, wether real or not, was such truth. He said he chose to be on the streets cos he oversaw and looked after three squats and does what Jesus does. Jesus didn't accuse people or judge people, He bascially said "so you have issues....come here and let me love you". This guy on the street knew what so many of us have forgotten as we try to live pure and holy and righteous and all that stuff which is way important but he reminded us of the unconditional love of Christ. How long we spend not being able to accept His grace and His love. This is where Jesus would have hung out, these are who He would have loved....oh I ached for those He ached for.

And then, a girl runs up who is 16 years old. She is scatty and tells me she suffers from paranoia. Before I know it she is telling me that she has been incare since she was 3 and her mother is in prison. She has not had one birthday with her mother. Oh to love on her with abandon! When she has left we are told that she is already working the streets. A 16 year old, unloved prostitute. oh God oh God oh God!!! They live in squats right here in the center of the city. I do not know what to do, how or with whom. All I know is that God showed me His beloved, the ones He aches for and He set that ache within my heart. Prayer is brilliant and His timing essential, but He calls us to be His hands and feet....there must be a response?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home