I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Monday, May 29, 2006

It is time to journal for the evening. The Lord has continued to pour HImself out today and do great and mighty works, praise His name! He is so gracious and generous to me, I am so humbled by how much hHe answers my cry for more and pours is spirit and presence into me that I might remain full to pour out into others and sing His praise. I could try and explain how it feels, the constant well in your stomach loning to be filled, crying out for more of Him, all you can do in response is to pray and worship and talk to Him. I only write this so that I wont ever lose this, so that I wont ever reason it away or lose grip of that which the Lord has done. I want to be ever hungry, ever seeking His face and His glory, His Kingdom on earth. YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IN HEAVEN!! Seek FIRST His kingdom and His righteousness! why do i get the feeling this wont be the last post i write on what it truly means to seek His kingdom on earth and the results of that?!Today however a few things struck me, the main one is our propensity to look for shortcuts. Microwave meals vs oven cooked, convinience stores instead of farm labor. What was one of Jesus temptations in the desert? "You are here to get back the keys to the earth, I have them, worship me (take a shortcut) and you can have them straight away, skip the horrific death thing all together" What conviction that brings! How often do we try and rush God, aks Him to do things on our schedule, ask Him to speed up the preparation, the secret place stuff He is doing? I wonder if it even goes as far as to grieve His heart when we do? Do we forget that once anointed, David spent another 10years with the sheep before He got his kingdom? Do we forget that during that time of preparation was when God did the greatest character building and the most important work to make him ready for what lay ahead? How often do we try and rush that which God has perfectly timed? I am once again laying it down, once again laying myself down, asking Him at every stage what the next thing is He wants me to do. o longer do i wanna second guess, try and rush what He is doing, espeically now when so much is at stake. I cannot afford to go into anything lightly, where would we be without God himself hemming us in before and behind?!In other thoughts, *smile* i dont even know if they make sense to write, but in other thoughts I have been so encouraged today that what God has done has such a permanance about it. This is not a fad that will come and go, I am not ona spiritual high, but i remain hidden in the shadow of his wing in such peace. I have seen God, touched Him, speak to Him and know HIm. again, i do not say that to provoke people to feel anything except to ignite the hunger within each of you to say "God if she can have it then so can I, i want more of you Lord, more of you!" ask Him, press in, it is the depserately hungry hearts which truly see the kingdom of God manifest here on earth. I have watched people crawl over other people to get to the front to be prayed for, I have seen hunger for God in four year old children face down in worship of their saviour, i have seen sick people well as their first line of response is to pray for healing, i have seen an 18yr old girl in tears on her knees asking for prayer because she wants more of Him and what she has is not enough....and she prays and worships for about five or six hours minimum a day. Do not get comfortable, do not stop pressing in, asking Him, pushing the boundaries, raising the bar. Test Him in this, ask for HIs promises to be fulfilled, remind yourself of what Jesus said we would do and see, then ask Him for it! HallelujahI have to sleep so i can get up for church tomoro (yipeee!) but I pray that this might begin to stir some of you. I feel He is asking us to wake up, wake up!!! You are His bride...how much will you love Him? How much will yuo run after Him? How much room do you wish to make for him in your life? If you are realy really honets with yourself, how much do you really want him? Answer that question, read psalm 63 and take it from there. It is worth it, He is worth it....Jesus, sweet sweet Jesus. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home