I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bowled over by His grace, humbled by His patience, broken by His forgiveness.....speechless by His love.I asked to hear His voice, the thunder clapped outsideI asked to be cleansed, it began to pour with rain in the midst of droughtI told Him He should leave me and hate me and that His grace and love surely must stop here....He spoke through a friend before I even finished the words....

God of grace, I turn my face................ To You I cannot hide........................ My nakedness, my shame, my guilt............ Are all before your eyes.................... Strivings and all anguish dreams............ In rags lie at my feet...................... And only Grace provides the way............. for me to stand complete.................... And your Grace clothes me in righteousness... And your mercy covers me in love............. Whenever I disobey you....................... Or fail to to your will...................... Whenever I lack self control................. I come to you and stand still................ Begging forgiveness.......................... Your life adorns and beautifies.............. I stand complete in you

Noone whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame Ps 25:3a

I cannot understand, I do not have the capacity for the faith He asks of me, and yet I know what I need to do,

obey

trust

depend

love

worship

wait

see

Thankyou abba

1 Comments:

Blogger annaswaiting said...

Hey you. I just wanted to encourage you! The Lord loves you Claire!!!! When the clouds break, it is a beautiful thing. When we can put all our hope in His beauty and worthiness and utterly REJECT the crap lies of the enemy and how he tries to tell us we're lame and unlovely, and utterly worthless and sinful. I was just reading more in The Practice of the Presence of God about that. He was saying, "When someone would tell him about some great sin that another had fallen into, instead of being astonished by it, on the contrary he was surprised that it was not much worse, knowing the malice of which the sinner is capable. But immediately, he would direct his thoughts to God, knowing that He could set it right, and yet knowing that He permits general order of His governance of the world. After praying for those involved, he did not worry about it any more, and remained in peace!" I think thats so cool and so true. He seemed to be a man who lived in perfect peace, untouched by the depravity of man he knew in himself and saw all around him in others, because his sight and focus was kept on the perfection he saw from above. So cool, I wish I get there too someday. Also wanted you to know that the shame talked about in psalm 83, that i quoted, was strictly reserved for God's enemies... and in no way his children! You are beloved. He will always inspire you by love to come up to him, and never by shame. I think you know that, just wanted to make sure you weren't confused. Sometimes scripture is dodgy and hard to understand... yo! someday we'll see him face to face, and all these clouds will pass away. oh what a day, what a day!
love you mate, write soon! shannon xx

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home