I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Isnt it frustratingly strange that even when we know full well that every bit of healing and love and kindness and forgiveness is found at the feet of Jesus, we are so often terrified and unable to go there? We find so much else to do, even spending time typing about the very thing that we know right now we should be undertaking! and yet, God is not human, God is not about guilt and shame, God is not about stealing things back and gifts by works and salvation by works. We are saved because love saved us, because of love, because of grace, because of Jesus.

Because of love

Can I comprehend that? Why is it so hard? Why do we make it so hard? To abide is so so simple. When we abide, we glorify God, when we dont, we dont. Maybe that is what is so hard. The receiving of a grace and forgiveness so freely given and yet so undeserved, over and over and over and over. Oh God.

As I drove home tonight He showed me how much of the fruit of the spirit, how much of HIs character is defined by this aspect of our walk

Love, grace, forgiveness, gentleness, peace, patience, mercy, kindness, Father heart, love love love!

If God is a God so characteristed by these things, then surely He is a God to which we can run to and safetly receive total forgiveness that we might not falter in our walk but instead declare the promises and who He says we are and walk with head remaining high. God is not a God of shame, discouragement, fear, anxiety or guilt. Therefore I rebuke these, give God free reign as I yield myself once more to His reign and rule and allow Him total access and I continue to worship worship worship worship, soaking in worship, soaking in the fragrance of His presence as He removes the stench of mine. Praise God He is a God of replacing! Praise God that it is not about striving! Praise God that the answer is to get on our face! We cannot attain our forgiveness, we must merely ask for it, thank Him for it and keep worshipping. Allowing it to be another platform from which to receive beautiful discipline, humility and more reasons to bless His name through whatever circumstance.

Oh God, forgive me. Bless your name forever. Bless your holy and magnificent name x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home