I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance [endurance and steadfastness and patience - AMP]. Perseverance [endurance and steadfastness and patience] must finish its work [But LET patience have its perfect work - NKJV] so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"


SO much today has been about rest and about perseverance and patience. The same hebrew word seems to be able to be translated perseverence and patience which is so significant.

I asked God about the significace of these being the same word in Hebrew and He spoke to me and said that Patience without perseverence breeds apathy and contentment with less and can leave us stangnant. Perseverence is linked with hope and moving forward in faith with vision and we all know that without hope/vision, the people perish. However, perseverance without patience is equally as detrimental as it is the wrong heart attitude and has the potential to cause us to command and demand of God in our own frameworks and timings. Only when the two are married and we are patient and totally content with His will and timing and yet are pressing in actively into His will and His face, will we see His Will done in His Timing in our lives.

Therefore I embrace the lesson this is teaching me. I will press in to His face and into His presence because (as I know full well) if I will not, I will die, I cant breathe without HIm, I cant function without Him. But I will be patient. I will no longer command this to happen by my schedule. When I get healed and go back to the UK it will be great because God will be taking me there. Before that point, I will walk to paths that are set here and trust Him for things like my finances. It is no longer that I do not know what to do, and its no longer that I live in a state of apathy, it is that I sit here in the knowledge that God has it and that His tming is better than mine. I do not know how this will all pan out, but it doesnt matter. God I just want you, I always just want to want you, nothing else, ever.

"Lord I give you my heart,
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take,
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me"

1 Comments:

Blogger Duffy said...

Awesome Claire. It's always great to read your posts. I have internet now, so hopefully we'll catch up on msn soon. Bless you

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home