I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hey all,
Sorry it has taken me so long to send a personal update, but it has been so busy here. We have class from 8:30 to 4, home groups, church, outreaches and villiage projects. Not to mention homework and getting water from our well for out bucket baths.

Africa is so beautiful and we have been so blessed with concrete houses with comfort in the midst of such poverty. The children are beautiful. I am franticly learning Portuguese and having amusing conversations with my new Mozambican pastor friends. A few hundred pastors are at Bible school also, even though most are new Christians. Outreach was a amazing. We saw many headaches, stomaches and bad legs healed, villages come to Jesus. A paralyzed girl walked yesterday and many miracles continue to happen.

I am also one of the nurses for the students, so that has been fun. Thank you all so much for praying. The Lord in His mercy is keeping me so safe and well and continues to reveal more of His beautiful infinite character to me.

I miss you all my family and pray such a blessing. Joy will update you with stories for the time being. But please do text and call if you can. Thank you again.

In Jesus,
Claire
-X-

Please continue to check www.chollywell.com for more updates. If people are not on the mailing list and want to be please email me the address and I will be very happy to add them. Any further questions or would like to send a care package to Claire please let me know and I will send you that address. Be blessed in the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I love you all.

Joy (on behalf of Claire Hollywell)
joy.waide@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home