I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My God is a God of utter abundance and today I am undone again.

Last night God did so very much between a friend and I which made my heart sing with delight. This, after what was a night of such undoing on the streets of my city, breaking my heart and thrilling it at the same time. After four hours sleep I awake and begin to try and work and then a courier comes to my door....

Four weeks ago I was soaking and as I always start, I wanted to talk to God about stuff to make sure it didn't hang around in my head for the hour of 'being still and meditating' in His most beautiful presence. I asked Him how much to expect from the conference weekend and He told me 1000. Yes, I know you have already heard that story. What you didn't hear was that I also immediately got an impression/vision in my head that was clear and then went. I saw a man walk up to me and hand me a mac and then walk away.

I was convinced that I had made it up, I have been desperate (and I mean desperate!) for a computer for six months although God has always provided one and I have never gone without for which I am so thankful and is a miracle in itself! The other two things were that to get a mac costs a fortune and even if someone did want to buy one for me....they would give me the money. And then this morning happened...

A courier is at my door...a guy...and he hands me a computer, I sign, he leaves, I realise I have just reenacted my vision...and I am stunned. I open the package knowing what it must be by now and staring back at me is a brand new top of the range macbook, packed with stuff.

Gripping the computer to my chest I fell on my knees and cried like a baby.

God has never ever made me go without. He has always provided, always made sure my clothes dont wear out and shoes are on my feet. Always provided a roof, food and I had a computer of some sort or other every single day I commited to admin. Never have I gone without. But the abundance of this morning...I was so very undone, I still am. That He would do that for me, that He would provide all that I need and the best of the best as well. No poverty spirit, I am daddy's girl :)


Thankyou Jesus...thank you so much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home