I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I have to start jounralling again, that is for sure, I have spent far too much time with Jesus and yet not telling of all HE has said and is teaching me, if He is to be my divine teacher, He asked me this morning, to please write it and consolidate all the things HE will be teaching me over this year with Him. Today Hw has been teaching me about waiting. Indeed OSwald chambers yesterday was all about who is initiating and who is responding. the thing is, we are so quick to initiate and hope that God responds, we tire ourselves out doing it adn there is no fruit. as guy chevreau points out, we are flapping and sweating under the curse instad of soaring on the thermals that WE DONT CREAtE but that we detect while we wait. They do not flap, they simply wait on the timing and placing of air thermals. Equally in the spirit realm we are so quick to initiate and flap around trying to get somewhere where Gods spirit is not leading.

I was so humbled by the oswald chambers reading which stated that the only adequate response to the question posed to ezekiel when asked 'son of man can these bones live?' was 'you alone know O lord'. I was so gobsmacked and humbled and it very quickly got me onto my face. How often do I present religious or theological answers, answers to everything about God, why he does or doesnt do stuff, when and how, what we should do etc etc, I am a fixer of things and in some capacitys that is my gifting, but i was challenged, how often do i step back and say 'You alone know"? There is a distinct humility in that statement recognsiing our weakness an Gods soveriegnty that he knows the decision and that it is His to make.


In our lives too, we can be quick to demand things of Him and to initiate the 'works' of God that we see fit to pursue. It is laziness that causes us to be busy, busyness is the easy way out. In Hebrews it charges us to labor to rest because it takes hard work and strength to wait on God, wait for the thermals, rest. The thing is, waiting means that we raise up "old demons of fear, worry, doubt and mistrust. Waiting on God shakes us to the very core of our being again and again as we get settled one more time: can we trust God enough to let HIM be in control?" - Guy chevreau

The thing is, I have been so convicted about the scret place and about brokeness and humility. I am still far too prideful, far too much of me and not enough of HIm in my life, I am not broken enough yet, I am not humble enough yet, I need to spend more time on my face I need to have killed my rebellious spirit, my prideful spirit, my flesh which rises up against that which God wishes to pour out, the doubt i occasioanlly allow to glimpse back into my mind, all of it must die so that He might live. And taking up that cross is gonna be every single day. I see that now. Oh that I would nver ever stop seeking HIm to this degree all the days of my life, I never want to go back to where I was and where I almost saw again today when I had not dedicated a good solid amount of time to him this morning, Oh Lord, help me not to lose this please.

In terms of intimacy, today I learned my most profound lesson of all, again from guy's book
"turnings". In the story qhich has always puzzled me of the disciples being unable to cast out a demon which Jesus manages to easily, they ask why they couldnt and HE replied "this kind only comes out with prayer and fasting" listen...and really LISTEN...to what Guy has to say in response ot this and recognise the beautiful character of our God... "Previous;y I understood that statement in terms of acheivement. If we logged enough hours in pryer and missed enough meals, somehow, somewhere, then the cosmic balance would tip from curse to blessing. But Jesus never speaks mechanistically. His is ever a call to relationship. The word to the disciples is not a call to do something in order to accomplish something else, but rather yet another call to abide. When Jesus says "This kind only comes out by prayer and fasting" He is saying...


"SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY IS NURTURED ONLY IN THE SECRET PLACE"

Are you getting this?

Then I shall leave it there. Obrigada senor (Thankyou Lord). Alleluia. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home