I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Friday, June 02, 2006

This morning I am once again drawn to the word as I continue to journal here in response to the fact that God started a work in Mozambique that is just being built upon now I am back. There does not yet seem an appropriate place to stop journalling here, so here I shall continue. Thankyou Jesus for being my perfect teacher, so patient and true. Amen x

But those who wait for the Lord, who expect, look for and hope in Him, shall CHANGE and renew their strength and power. They shall lift their wings and rise up close to God as eagles mount up to the sun; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. Is 40:32 AMP

To begin with, the conviction this amplified translation brings after a night of fighting in the spirit realm something which I do not understand is greatly magnified. Once again He asks me, am I willing to wait on Him? Whatever the result? Whether or not He moves in what timing I think He should, when where how or why I think He should? Am I humble enough yet to give Him total authority and control and say so? Am I yet in a place when He has total say over everything and I am receptive and vulnerable enough to His spirit that I can detect the wind of His spirit, the spiritual thermals so that I CAN rise up like and eagle when He says and therefore, and only then, not strive but run and not grow weary?

He wants to respond to my prayer for permanance, that is for sure. How? By developing in me something that is SUSTAINABLE. To sweat and toil is a condition of the curse, but it is important to recognise that apathy and lazines cause us to busy ourselves not to stop. It takes work and labor to wait on HIm, whatever it takes. I will repeat this message til i get it...Permmance is born from; the secret place, humility, waiting on Him and discerning His will....allowing God everything and totally abandoning ourselves to Him while noone else is looking, seeking Him in the intimate place that He calls us and waiting there, WHATEVER THE COST. The only direction I can go from here is down...there is no other direction than lower than we are.

Humble me Lord.

MARK 9:36
"Then He took a child, set him infront of them and put his arm around him and said 'Whosoever receives a child like this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the one who sent me."

This verse needs to be quickly noticed before I leave journalling for today. Why? Look at Heidi, look at what Iris does, look at the kids and the transformations and the miracles and...just look. Then read it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duffy said...

The first time I got back from Maputo, I was a basket-case for like 7 weeks. I cried for weeks, wouldn't talk to anyone about my trip; couldn't really, it was weird. I'd go to church and hide behind my drumset till most everyone left, for like 2 months before I could face people. My worship leader told the rest of the team to give me space and not ask me about my trip or anything. I'd wake up at 3am with tears already streaming down my face, etc etc etc.

God doesn't let me forget too easily how I felt those precious weeks. He also told me in the midst of it, "Don't ask me to take these feelings away, cause I won't." That time was forming my future. It's still not easy, almost 2.5 years later.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home