I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hey family,

As I head into week four and the month marker I want to write a proper update. Pemba is such a beautiful place and have been blessed with perfect weather and running water at least once a week. Classes have been so challenging and God by His grace through His word has been pruning me back and asking me, as Jesus asked Peter, "Who do you say that I am?" (Mark 8:29)

A place like this such a different culture, need, and front-line spiritual warfare, challenges every facet of who we believe God to be. I have always professed His faithfulness, victory and Lordship out of my mouth, but as many sicknesses that have gone through the camp, people have been tormented by nightmares and fears, do I really believe Psalm 91 which says, that when I make Him my dwelling I need not be afraid and will be protected? Or Isaiah 41:10 that He holds me in His right hand? If He is truly in that place where word meets life, then our dependance on God is our reality. The answer to that question is that God is God, almighty, all loving, protecting, victorious. As we pray and press into His presence together, as a house and as a school, He is keeping me safe from sickness and bringing me peace in the night. Peter once said that He is, He is our beloved, who has loved us to the end and has washed our feet even in the face of our betrayal and sin. As my comfort zones are removed and rubber hits the road I am faced with total dependance on God. The question, "Is He really all the Bible says He is?" And glory to God, over and over again, I am watching with wonder as I realize that He is.........and so much more. "And on this rock I will build my church." (Matthew 16:18) On the undiluted, simple truth of the gospel. All religion and blind-spots taken away. Taking the Bible word for word. What would happen if this was the rock our churches? It is here. Last night I sat with hundreds of Mozambican pastors whose reality is healing, miracles, even raising people from the dead. I walked through the villages and called people to come to church as kids climbing up my arms and legs. I sit with my newly widowed friend, Rosa, and learn Makaua while learning Jesus' heart like in John 4 when He loved and respected the woman by the well.

Please pray as we are under spiritual attack, especially at night over the camp. But pray more for a further breaking of my heart and greater revelation of God's character and love. I love you all and pray you press deep into His word and let Him take you away and reveal Himself to you. I love you all so much. Feel free to email me and text me. Please also email me with specific questions because I never know what you would like to know. My next update can better include a Q & A.

In Jesus,
Your sister, friend and daughter,

Claire
chollywell@googlemail.com

Ps. Since writing this we have had the most phenomenal worship session ever and sung with thousands of angels and learned more and more what it really is to know God. Hallelujah, all of Your beautiful self, Jesus!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

Dear Claire,
So glad God is taking care of you, He is an awesome God. You said about any questions we may have. I have one, can you find out if they have got my application for October the waiting is killing me! I am so sure it is right I keep getting sent gifts of money and today someone sent me £1,900!! wow! God is good. I am praying for you guys loads and for Moz too. Please send my love to Janico. Love you dearly
JP
xxx

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home