I write all that is below because I feel I should share a glimpse, and that is all it is, of what I have come home from. I share it with you not to make you jealous, but to create within you a longing for the things of God. We are too content. Thats what was revealed to me this morning at church, I called people to hunger, thirst, longing, to want to chase after Him, to see His words bear fruit. Read what God has said He will do, read what Jesus said about Himself and his kingdom and our authority, read it and then declare it. We are living with the bar set too low, we are far too satisfied and content with where we are and the tiny things we are asking for. How big is your God? I ask again, how big is your God? Sit under His waterfall, ask for Him to fill you so that you might be brimming, that you might be poured out to everyone you come into contact with. Stop being comfortable and satisfied. Divine discontent. I dare you to pray for it ;)

Monday, April 28, 2008

It all began with the work experience student.

I was sitting at my reception desk which I man twice a week in a local hospital, one of my three jobs, and today I was joined by a bright and keen young lady of 15yrs who was on work experience. With her there, I felt it my duty to help along, show the ropes and explain a little of what I do.

That is until we both realised that there is only so much that can be said about how to answer a phone, which way the stamp should face for a satisfyingly upright envelope and how to insert sticker sheets into the right folders. Before long the conversation became quiet and then switched to her most favorite topic, music. We chatted and chatted and she lit up, we became raucous and for a split moment I forgot I was 9 long years older than her and I entered into the banter and excitement of a teen with a passion. I entered in with such enthusiasm in fact, that before I knew what I was doing, right there in the reception of the hospital, I began to tell her all about my last few weeks and months.


I too have a passion and before I knew it out it came, every detail. I told her about the Mac and how it appeared on my doorstep just how I had seen when I was praying to God about it weeks before. I told her about the 1000 pounds God gave me that weekend and someone giving me a camera that was perfect for what I needed. I told her how I had said in March that I was going round the world this year even though it was physically impossible and I had not a penny in my pocket.

Before I could stop my excitable self I was hopping up and down in my chair, eager to tell her all about how, within literally 4 weeks, God has provided thousands and thousands of pounds, has covered every traveling cost, every visa and passport, all of the admin costs and my living AND my bank overdraft taken care of along with it! Before I knew what I was doing, I explained about Mozambique, about the miracles and what God does and what I am going to serve and do.

I didnt even get to telling her about the thousand pounds handed to me one sunday morning, people emptying the last of their bank accounts into mine as a sign of faith, the opportunity to give to others and a love from the family and friends and even people I do not know that He has placed around me that have heeded the call and been obedient and paid a cost. It blew my mind too much to consider what each of them had done, nor that they were as much a part in training up the harvesters and ministering to the poorest of the poor as I am. Such an incredible principle that it is that those who sow will reap, that the blessing comes back a hundredfold and that one little life telling the story is totally ruined and undone and broken beyond description by all God has done through His most precious children.


However, I didn't get to telling her any of this as, at this point, I came down momentarily from my place of euphoria to see a girl sitting in front of me in total silence. So silent in fact, it was like she was trying to suck the noise out of the air, a vacuum created by her dropped jaw and widened eyes. Sitting back on earth in the hospital reception on a cloudy Monday morning, I chuckled and dropped my voice, apologised for my excitement and asked...

"did I just mess up your world?"


"yes"

came the reply.



So...?

...I told her about the Florida revival and gave her www.ignitedchurch.com and www.god.tv on a little yellow post it to go explore. "Go check this out if you wanna be messed up some more honey".

I recommend it to you also. Never in my life have I seen anything like it. But to be fair, never also have I truly known the power, provision, love, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness, holiness and true magnificence of the one I have the priviledge to call Abba.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chachie said...

wow...

did I ever tell you that you wrecked my world too? hahaha.Ü

love you sis!Ü

*hugs*

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home